Built on the historic Empire Cotton Oil Mill, Empire Mills encompasses the charm of the turn of the century property and blends the modern with the old. The 17,000 sq. ft. property includes a spacious 12,000 sq. ft. banquet hall, 4,000 sq. ft. multi-purpose room, and a cozy bridal or staging suite. Empire Mills was originally built in 1913 by the Empire Mills Cotton Company. The original cotton gin sat in the center of the property and has been transformed into a beautiful space suitable for a chapel, music hall or event space seating up to 279 guests. The Banquet Hall runs parallel to the train tracks with many of the original bricks and bay doors still intact. With the addition of three enormous locally welded iron chandeliers, the Banquet Hall offers rustic elegance for events of up to 436 guests. It is flanked with an interior courtyard which features the original red corrugated metal blacksmith shed and antique syrup kettle fire drums. Also on property is a bridal cottage which served as the original office for the mill, and a separate room with loft space where the groom and groomsmen can relax in style.
A CAD layout of the property can be viewed here.